SFist – Associate Editor
September 2017 – November 2017
- Covered local news in San Francisco, Oakland, and all points within the Bay Area.
- Contributed to long-form, in-depth pieces, collaborating with other editorial staff.
- Edited, researched, and fact-checked posts from other staffers.
The Mary Sue – Assistant Editor
April 2015 – September 2017
- Managed freelancers, providing them with editorial feedback and advice while adhering to a tight publication schedule.
- Delivered strong copy on fast breaking news with minimal turnaround.
- Published multiple longform pieces, working from pitch to publication while maintaining strict deadlines.
- Moderated comments on a regular basis for all posts on the website.
Nonchalance – Writer, Community Manager, Immersive Experience Designer
March 2015 – October 2015
- Wrote, co-wrote, and edited treatments, scripts, stories, mass communications, and songs.
- Managed a team of volunteers in world building and story creation.
- Assisted with the design of an in-universe set, working from conception to production.
- Served as a stage manager/experience facilitator, working behind the scenes to ensure participants’ safety and emotional well-being.
- Co-created and served as co-editor on a community newsletter/zine.
- Served as community manager, moderating online forums and fielding support e-mails.
- Worked as a liaison between volunteer groups and staff, advising as a member of the community.
Voxer – QA Engineer
November 2012 – February 2015
- Refined and rewrote outdated test cases.
- Ensured stability and functionality of unreleased software.
- Performed testing on all mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows).
- Led Windows Mobile testing projects.
Sony Computer Entertainment America – Format QA Tester
July 2012 – November 2012
- Tested functionality and compatibility of a large variety of software and hardware.
- Addressed issues with minimal turnaround time, adhering to strict formatting standards.
- Performed large scale issue regression on triple-A video game titles.
- Completed mastery in 3D and Compatibility testing.
Other Work Experience
Freelance Writer – http://jessicalachenal.com/writing/
August 2013 – Present
Living Room Collective – Writer, Experience Designer
February 2016 – Present
Monogram Biosciences – Clinical Lab Technician – South San Francisco, CA
January 2007 – January 2011